Happy 20th Anniversary, Village Tales Publishing!
Blessed with the goodness of God, we are Celebrating 20 Years of Success, and there are many family members, friends, and business partners to thank. Since the start-up of our business, VTP has gone through many ups and downs but it is only the determination and hard-work of every single person involved that kept us intact as we continue to reach for higher goals. Each author, editor, illustrator, webmaster, graphic designer, administrator, and investor has played an important role, joining together to form a bond of a family that is really appreciative. We celebrate the success of each and every person who is connected with Village Tales Publishing, especially our customers, and we dedicate this milestone to all of you. It is very fortunate for me to be a part of such an awesome family.
Here are just 20 reasons why we’re so excited to reach this particular milestone:
- It means we’ve achieved a goal and something’s going right.
- After starting the company in 2000, Village Tales Publishing has created a platform to afford opportunities for young aspiring African writers with limited resources.
- We offer a publishing deal to match your budget, and help writers become authors; we’re always looking for the next best author to join our team!
- We accept manuscripts in a wide variety of genres.
- Launched in 2012, our Children’s Books imprint, Sapo Children’s Book, has developed two children’s series (Ian & Applecat and Adventures at Camp Pootie-Cho) with a focus on Reading Our World, build up to emphasize multicultural genre African children can relate to.
- As the print and digital publishing are constantly changing and developing, so are we! Village Tales Publishing is always testing new ways to help authors find the solution that will take their writing to the next level.
- We encourage personal and professional growth. Yes, we’re one of those companies that don’t mind when one of our team members excels beyond expectations and explores other higher grounds. It makes us very proud.
- We are committed to continuing a strong online presence, especially in the digital publishing realm; regularly maintaining our websites and social media handles.
- We offer all our authors a free website/blog (develop and host) on our server.
- We will continue to focus on building larger audience engagement.
- We get it . . . Book Cover Design is more important than ever; that’s why book quality remains critical to our success.
- While quality editorial content remains our trademark, we will continue to draw more writers and readers to our publishing brand.
- In our 20th year, we’ve already seen record-setting numbers for new releases, averaging eight titles a year!
- Our publishing format now includes paperback, hardcover, ebook, and audiobooks.
- As indie publishing continues to grow, we offer support to the independent author in managing their writing project from manuscript to print; providing one or two, or all services to meet their needs.
- We use more aggressive marketing techniques such as running more campaigns, book trailers, book launch party and catering to our reader audiences, nationally and internationally.
- We are a proud sponsor of the Liberia Literary Society and support all its educational initiatives.
- We advocate for a clean environment (clean air, clean water, and clean energy), the importance of climate change, and endangered animal rights, bringing awareness to our ecosystem at Sapo National Park located in Sinoe County, Liberia. The setting for our series, Adventures at Camp Pootie-Cho, is Sapo National Park. Also, our children’s book imprint (Sapo Children’s Books) is named in its honor.
- It’s hard to keep a publishing business going in tough economic times. Village Tales Publishing successfully made it through the 20 years of challenges with hard work, and we’re stronger than ever.
- To all our past and current clients: THANK YOU for keeping us in business for 20 years. May this journey of success continue in the coming years. We can’t wait for what’s in store for the next 20 years!
With sincere appreciation, it is a pleasure to share this journey with you. May God bless you all,
Ophelia S. Lewis (CEO)
Stay tuned for more coverage of birthday celebrations throughout the year, including special offers in the coming weeks.